Date(s) - 12/12/2020 - 13/12/2020
15:00 - 19:00
R3 000 GUARANTEED PRIZE FUND
||Boards per Team
||7 Round Rapid Swiss
(Western Cape Clubs only)
|| (4 boards) + 2 reserves
** LOC reserves the right to waive criteria in all the sections
** Tie Break: Sonneborn-Berger.
- Reserves can only replace the withdrawn player, no moving up or down of players
- A reserve player must start and finish all the rounds of the specific day
|Round 1: 15h00
Round 2: 16h00
Round 3: 17h00
|Round 4: 15h00
Round 5: 16h00
Round 6: 17h00
Round 7: 18h00
|PROCEDURE TO JOIN TOURNAMENT
|Please JOIN your Section NO LATER than 8 December 2020 as to avoid not being paired
- Players must register as per their assigned board (eg. Board 1)
- Upon registration the club administrator will receive an automated confirmation email from SA Chess Hub that will contain the LINKS to the various BOARD SECTIONS.
- Click on that link to start the JOINING process.
- Submit username and a prompt “JOIN THE TEAM’’ will appear. Click on it.
- There will be an easy puzzle (mate in 1 move) that needs to be completed.
- Thereafter the player will be accepted into the section by the ‘’Team Leader’’
- Player must then click on the Section again and press JOIN, to join the tournament.
- The LOC is not liable for a player joining his/her section late resulting in missing a round/s.
|REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
- Registration to be made using the South African Chess Hub website and payment to be made via PayFast – scroll down and to capture and submit your team information.
- Closing date: Registration and payment must be made by latest Tuesday, 8 Decemeber 2020 at 21h00.
- 1st Place – R1000
- 2nd Place – R800
- 3rd Place – R600
Board Prizes: R150 (boards 1-4)
Player must play minimum 5 rounds to be eligible for a board prize
Prize monies will be paid out within 48 hours after conclusion of the event into the bank account of the respective clubs. Outstanding CWP affiliation fees of clubs may be deducted from the prize monies due to the club.
- Pairings are done as per Lichess pairing system and all regulations in respect to using computer assistance will be strictly monitored.
- Random games will be scrutinized by PGNSpy and its findings regarding cheating is binding on this event.
- Please inform the Chief Arbiter should you suspect your opponent of breaching the fair play spirit.
- Any person found guilty of cheating will forfeit any prize money won and will be banned from participating in future events.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this event should they consider this necessary.
|LOC CONTACT DETAILS
|Registrations: Paul Wilson
Mobile: 083 461 8742
Chief Organizer: Ricardo Minnaar
Mobile: 081 546 2221
15 booked of 100 - 85 available spaces
Go to our Terms Page for more information on our terms of service
Bookings are closed for this event.