Date(s) - 04/12/2021
08:00 - 16:00
Claremont Chess Club
Jacques Vuyo Le Roux
Memorial Rapid Tournament
Date: Sat 4 Dec 2021
Venue: Claremont Chess Club
||6 Round SWISS
|No Registration on Saturday
||15/15 + 5 spm
Round 1: 09H00
Round 2: 10H00
Round 3: 11H00
Round 4: 12H30
Round 5: 13H30
Round 6: 14H30
Prize Giving: 15H30
|The default time for all sections is 5 minutes
|All rounds may be accelerated
|Event is Chessa Rated
|All players to be at the venue by 08:00 for COVID compliance and access control.
|Entry Criteria: Must be on High School Born between 2002 – 2008 (Grade 8 -12)
LOC reserves the right to waive criteria
Tie Break: Direct Encounter, Buchholz, Buchholz Media, Sonneborn-Berger
||*R10,000 cash towards tertiary education, Floating Trophy, gold medal
||New Laptop & Silver medal
||TRG International Transport & Shipping (Pty) Ltd
||R 1000 cash & Bronze medal
||Gold Medal and Prize
|*1st Prize money to be kept in a trust and will be paid out when winner enroll for tertiary education and over the age of 18
||Claremont Chess Club
||Claremont Chess Club, 1 Hall Rd, Rondebosch, Cape Town, 7700
(Next to Rondebosch Public Library)
|Tuck Shop at Venue
||Marc Petersen (PA: Chess SA ID: 185029784
|Deputy Chief Arbiter
||Anito Petersen (PA: Chess SA ID: 184029758
||Zaid Gabriels (RA: Chess SA ID: 169010128
|Covid -19 Health and Safety Protocols
- A total of 50 players will be allowed to participate in the event. (Under current Level 1 adjusted regulations).
- Only players will be allowed to enter the venue.
- No spectators or parents will be allowed at the venue.
- Screening of all players, support staff, officials and attendees will be done upon entry at the venue and recorded in a register.
- All players, support staff and attendees will complete an online self-screening questionnaire to ensure efficient contact tracing where necessary.
- Any person displaying symptoms associated with covid-19 (fever above, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties) or people considered to be in a high-risk group should not attend the tournament.
- Players will not be allowed to leave the demarcated area during the tournament.
- Sanitization of chess pieces, sets and surfaces will be done in between rounds, but players may bring their own hand sanitizers as well.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance of the venue, as well as at strategic areas inside the venue and toilets. Toilets will have sufficient soap and paper towels as well as marked Covid-19 disposal facilities.
- No Mask, no entry into venue
- All players must wear masks always covering both their noses and mouths.
- All players must always adhere to strict social distancing.
- Players, support staff and officials over the age of 60 or people with comorbidities will be encouraged to be cautious and minimize exposure.
- Players will sign their own scoresheets and report the result to the arbiter. No signing of opponent sheets and no sharing of pens.
- No hands will be shaken at the commencement of the round, nor at the end of the match.
- Once the players are done with a match, and their results have been recorded, they become “Spectators” and must leave the playing area immediately and reside in the breakaway demarcated area.
- No informal games on private chess sets are allowed outside the playing venue in the demarcated breakaway area.
24 booked of 50 - 26 available spaces
Go to our Terms Page for more information on our terms of service
Bookings are closed for this event.