THE MZANSI OPEN
FIDE and Chess SA rated
Date: 30 April to 2 May 2022
Venue: IPS Offices, Ground Floor, Riverview House, Constantia Office Park,Weltevreden Park
|Section||Criteria||Format||Players||Entry fee||Registration link|
|Prestige||Chess SA or Fide rating 1600+||6 rounds Swiss:
90min + 30s
|Advanced||Chess SA or Fide rating 1200 – 1599||6 rounds Swiss –
90min + 30s
|*Young masters||Chess SA rating 0 – 1199 *
|6rounds Swiss –
60min + 30s
*only players 18 and younger allowed*
Academy members receive 50% off registration fee
|Prestige||1st: R 5,000
|Advanced||1st: R 1,000
|Prestige and advanced||Saturday 30 April 09:00 – Round 1
Saturday 30 April 16:00 – Round 2
Sunday 1 May 09:00 – Round 3
Sunday 1 May 16:00 – Round 4
Monday 2 May 09:00 – Round 5
Monday 2 May 16:00 – Round 6
|Young masters||Saturday 30 April 09:00 – Round 1
Saturday 30 April 12:00 – Round 2
Saturday 30 April 15:00 – Round 3
Sunday 1 May 09:00 – Round 4
Sunday 1 May 12:00 – Round 5
Sunday 1 May 15:00 – Round 6
|LOC contact details|
|Tournament Director||Matthew Jonker
Cell: 072 370 4930
|Chief Arbiter||Michael Bornheim
Cell: 082 651 3630
Closing date for entries: Wednesday 27th of April at 9pm
No draw offers before move 35
Top 8 boards in the prestige and the top 2 in the advancedsection will be electronic boards
Covid protocols will be followed and screening will happen 30 min before the start of the first round on each day
Final arrangements and rules will be communicated on the day
Please join the following whatsapp groups for communication:
- Prestige: https://chat.whatsapp.com/JFDvfct2yX2A3DIu1dexn2
- Advanced: https://chat.whatsapp.com/BtsSo928zBJAfB6V3nlHul
- Young masters: https://chat.whatsapp.com/GCiD34ca0DeF9aVmXp62T6
- Prestige: https://chesshub.org.za/events/mzansi-open-prestige/
- Advanced: https://chesshub.org.za/events/mzansi-open-advanced/
- Young masters: https://chesshub.org.za/events/mzansi-open-young-masters/
- Right of admission reserved
- Latest FIDE rules will apply. All Sections will be rated by CHESS SA.
- The Prestige and advance section will be FIDE rated.
- It is the responsibility of the player to ensure that he/she is entered into the correct section.
- The Organiser reserves the right to move a player to the appropriate section in accordance with the latest national rating; the player will be held liable for any additional portion of the entry fee which might arise due to the move between sections.
- The Organiser has the right to move unrated players between sections at his/her own discretion and to combine or split sections to maintain the integrity of the tournament.
- Only players with confirmed payments will be added to the draw as published on chess-results.com
- No cell phones will be allowed in the playing area except for the TD, Chief Arbiter, Arbiters and PC personnel.
- The Organiser of the tournament and other tournament officials are not responsible for the safety or property of players or spectators.
- The player/parent/guardian gives consent for the player’s name, surname, gender, race, date of birth to be submitted to the rating agencies for the purposes of rating the tournament and the rating agencies displaying it on their respective websites.
The player/parent/guardian gives consent for photo’s to be taken of the players during the tournament and to be published on our Social Media pages.
Should consent not be given please notify us before the tournament so that we can notify our photographers.
- Tournament organisers reserve the right to move players from entered sections at their discretion – players so moved will be notified prior to the commencement of the tournament.
- The tournament organisers reserve the right to cancel the tournament. Players will have their entry fee refunded
COVID – 19 TOURNAMENT PROCEDURES
- The Wearing of Masks will be compulsory for all players.
- Face Shields may be worn together with a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Sanitising and Hand washing – All players will line up in front of the playing hall keeping at least a 1m distance between each player at all times and their hands will be sanitised before they are allowed to enter the venue.
- Boards and pieces will also be sanitised before and during the tournament.
- Temperature Measurement Station – All players will report to a Temperature measurement station after their hands have been sanitised – Please arrive at least 60 minutes before the start time of the tournament to allow enough time for this.
- Should a player have an elevated temperature he / she will not be allowed to play. Each player must have his / her own small bottle of hand sanitiser with him/ her at all times.
- Stringent Social Distancing measures must be followed at all times.
All players will be spaced 1 to 1.5 meters apart.
- Players must also follow social distancing rules when entering and leaving the playing venue as well as when outside on the campus grounds.
- Parents / Guardians All Parents / Guardians will have to wear Masks.
No Parent will be allowed inside the venue.
No spectators will be allowed inside the playing venue.
- When your game is completed, you must leave the playing venue. Parents may sit outside.
- Before the Tournament: Parents / Guardians are requested to check the symptoms of the player/ players for any of the following: Fever (Elevated temperature above 37.5 ºC) Dry Cough Shortness of breath Sore Throat Tiredness Should any of the above symptoms be apparent, parents/ guardians are requested to let us know immediately and to withdraw the player / players from the tournament for their own as well as the safety of the other participants.
Bookings are closed for this event.