DATES & VENUE
The event will take place on 19 February 2022 at the Kraaifontein Library, Brighton Road, Kraaifontein.
LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE
The appointed Local Organising Committee comprise of:
- Tournament Director: Mr Burton van Staaden
- Chief Arbiter: Mr Darryl Jacobs
- Chief Covid Officer: Ms Takudzwa Chiriya
- Appeals: Mr Burton van Staaden
– Mr Darryl Jacobs Cell: 083 556 9945
– Mr Burton van Staaden Cell: 073 212 4875
– Email: email@example.com
The event will consist of the following sections:
- Under 12 : Players born 2011 or later
- Under 16 : Players born 2007 to 2010
- Open : All players 16 years and older
FORMAT AND TIME CONTROLS
The event will be a 6-round individual Swiss Rapid tournament. The time controls for all sections will be 10+5spm.
The entry fees for the event are as follows
- Training & Tournament : R100 per participant
- Training only : R60 per participant
- Tournament only : R70 per participant
- Online entries must be submitted by completing the online entry form.
- The closing date for online entries is Thursday, 17 February 2022 at 21h00.
- Entries will be limited to a maximum of 30 participants for the training session and 60 participants for the tournament.
- Late entries may be accepted after the closing date, subject to payment of a R50 late registration fee.
- Topic: CHESS TACTICS
- Presenter: Edwin November
- Intermediate level chess training is targeted at players with CHESSA rating between 1100 and 1500. The training session is limited to 30 participants.
Please refer to Event Brochure for full event details and tournament regulations.
Bookings are closed for this event.