Steinitz Chess Festival 2022
ONLINE REGISTRATION: http://tinyurl.com/Steinitz2022Entry – Closing date: 18 May 2022.
Venue: Meridian Pinehurst 6 Campus Way, Pinehurst Dr, Durbanville
Map: https://tinyurl.com/MeridianPinehurst Date: 20-22 May 2022
|Sections||Requirements||Entry Fees||Time Control||Dates|
|A (Fide & Chessa Rated)||6 Round Swiss (Players with a Chessa\FIDE rating 1700 and above)||R 300||60/60 + 30sec||Fri 20 – Sun 22 May|
|B (Chessa Rated)||6 Round Swiss (Players with a Chessa rating lower than 1700 and higher than 1000)||R 250||60/60 + 30sec||Fri 20 – Sun 22 May|
|C (Chessa Rated)||6 Round Swiss (Open to all players)||R 150||45/45 + 15sec||Sat 21 May|
|Junior – U12 (Chessa Rated)||5/6 Round Swiss (Players born during 2011 or later and with Chessa Rating of 1000 or lower)||R 100||45/45 + 15sec||Sat 21 May|
* LOC reserves the right to waive criteria in all the sections.
* All sections Chessa Rated. A section Fide rated as well.
* Tie Break: Direct encounter, Bucholz, Sonneborn-Berger, Rating average of opponents.
|Date||A and B Sections (60/60 + 30sec)||C & Junior Sections (60/60)|
|Fri 20 May||Round 1: 19h00|
|Sat 21 May||Round 2: 09h00
Round 3: 12h30
|R1-R6: 09h00 – 17h00
Rounds will be accelerated
Prize Giving: After last round
|Sun 22 May
|Round 5: 09h00
Round 6: 12h30Prize Giving: 16h00
* The default time for each round in all sections is 15 minutes
* Covid-19 Screening will commence 60 minutes before the start of the first round on each playing day
A, B – Sun 22 May at 16h00
C, Junior – Sat 21 May after last round
CA: FA Andrew Talmarkes
DCA: PA Burton van Staaden
Other: RA Takudzwa Chiriya, RA Paul Wilson
Proof of Payment:
Please email proof of payment and direct any payment queries to Amina Ebrahim firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 May 2022 at 17h00. NO LATE ENTRIES OR PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. STRICTLY NO ENTRIES OR PAYMENTS AT VENUE.
|Bank: Standard Bank Account Name: Steinitz Chess Club|
|Account No: 10171178090 Branch Code: 050410|
|Please use the player’s first 3 letters of the player’s surname + initials, followed by date of birth in the format of DD MMM YYYY, as the reference number (e.g. SmiJ23Jan1973 or KasG17Nov2001)|
Please bring your own notation pages and pens.
Guaranteed Prize Fund:
|1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||1st Female||2nd Female||Best
|Jnr||Gold Medal||Silver Medal||Bronze Medal||Gold Medal|
* Prize fund may increase based on entries * Prize money for all sections will be paid via eft.
For further information, please feel free to contact LOC: email@example.com
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- A fixed total of players will be allowed to participate in the event based on national regulations
- All officials, players, parents, and other persons attending the event must complete the online Covid-19 screening form every day before their arrival at the playing venue.
- Only players will be allowed to enter the playing area. No spectators or parents will be allowed into the playing area.
- Screening of all players, support staff, officials and attendees will be done upon entry at the venue and recorded in a register.
- All players, support staff and attendees will complete a self-screening questionnaire to ensure efficient contact tracing where necessary.
- Any person displaying symptoms associated with Covid-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties) or people who are considered in a high-risk group should not attend.
- Players will not be allowed to leave the playing venue during the day as well as its associated demarcated breakaway area.
- Food deliveries will be allowed; however, players will not be able to leave the playing venue to buy food or drink.
- Sanitisation of chess pieces, sets and surfaces will be done in between rounds, but players may bring their own hand sanitizers as well.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance of the venue, as well as at strategic areas inside the venue and toilets. Toilets will have sufficient soap and paper towels as well as marked Covid-19 disposal facilities.
- All players must wear masks always covering both their noses and mouths.
- All players must always adhere to strict social distancing.
- Players, support staff and officials over the age of 60 or people with comorbidities will be encouraged to be cautious and minimise exposure.
- Players will sign their own scoresheets and report the result to the arbiter. No signing of opponent sheets and no sharing of pens.
- No hands will be shaken at the commencement of the round, nor at the end of the match.
- Once the players are done with a match, and their results have been recorded, they become “Spectators” and must leave the playing area immediately and reside in the breakaway demarcated area.
- No informal games on private chess sets are allowed outside the playing venue in the demarcated breakaway area.
- Any player that does not comply with Covid-19 Health and Safety protocols may be expelled from the event.