Date(s) - 27/03/2021 - 28/03/2021
09:00 - 19:00
Markotter Sports Complex
Please carefully read the following event details and register below.
N.B. Please note that payment must be made using Payfast (credit/debit card or instant EFT) immediately when registering to avoid having to register again.
WESTERN CAPE CLOSED
27 – 28 MARCH 2021 @ 9:00
PAUL ROOS GYMNASIUM – MARKÖTTER COMPLEX
R7 500 GUARANTEED PRIZE FUND
RESERVED FOR WESTERN CAPE PLAYERS ONLY OF 13 YRS & OLDER
(Limited to 24 players)
|6 Round Swiss
(CHESSA rating 1500 & above)
(Top 1-3 Positions)
(Limited to 60 players)
|6 Round Swiss
(CHESSA rating below 1500)
|| 60+5 sipm
(Top 1-3 Positions)
* Players who wishes to play in a higher section may make a submission to the LOC
* TIE BREAK: Direct Encounter; The greater number of wins; Sonneborn-Berger
* LOC reserves the right to waive criteria in all the sections
|PLAYING SCHEDULE (rounds may be accelerated)
27 March 2021
|Round 1: 09h00
Round 2: 12h00
Round 3: 15h00
28 March 2021
|Round 4: 09h00
Round 5: 12h00
Round 6: 15h00
- 1st – R1800
- 2nd – R1400
- 3rd – R1000
- Best junior – R400
- Best female – R400
- 1st – R900
- 2nd – R700
- 3rd – R500
- Best junior – R200
- Best female – R200
**Prize monies will be paid out within 48 hours after conclusion of the event.
|REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
|Closing date: Registration and payment must be made by latest Wed, 24 March 2021 at 21h00.
LIMITED SPACE – AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT BY REGISTERING AS EARLYAS POSSIBLE!
|All players should take note of the following to comply with covid-19 regulations under lockdown level 1
- Due to venue restrictions, only 24 players will be allowed in the Championship section and 60players in the Prestige section.
- Only players will be allowed to enter the venue.
- No spectators or parents will be allowed at the venue.
- Screening of all players, support staff, officials and attendees will be done upon entry at the venue and recorded in a register.
- All players, support staff and attendees will complete a self-screening questionnaire to ensure efficient contact tracing where necessary.
- Any person displaying symptoms associated with Covid-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties) or people who are considered in a high-risk group should not attend.
- Players will not be allowed to leave the playing area during the day as well as its associated demarcated breakaway area. Players should therefore bring their own food and drink. Hot water will be provided.
- No food deliveries will be allowed and players will not be able to leave the playing area to buy food or drink.
- Sanitisation of chess pieces, sets and surfaces will be done in between rounds, but players must bring their own sanitation as well.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance of the venue, as well as at strategic areas inside the venue and toilets. Toilets will have sufficient soap and roller towels as well as proper and well-marked Covid-19 disposal facilities.
- All players must wear masks covering both their noses and mouths at all times.
- All players must adhere to strict social distancing at all times.
- Players, support staff and officials over the age of 60 or people with comorbidities will be encouraged to be cautious and minimise exposure.
- Players will sign their own scoresheets and report the result to the arbiter. No signing of opponent sheets and no sharing of pens.
- No hands will be shaken at the commencement of the round, nor at the end of the match.
- Once the players are done with a match, and their results have been recorded, they become “Spectators” and must leave the playing area immediately and reside in the breakaway demarcated area.
- No informal games on private chess sets are allowed outside the playing venue in the demarcated breakaway area.
|CHESS SA ID & RATING
|In order to complete registration, kindly obtain your Chess SA ID and rating from the following link:
LOC CONTACT DETAILS
Registrations: Paul Wilson
email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 083 461 8742
Chief Organizer: Ricardo Minnaar
email: email@example.com Mobile: 081 546 2221
83 booked of 84 - 1 available spaces
Go to our Terms Page for more information on our terms of service
Bookings are closed for this event.