The South African Chess Hub
is proud to be associated with
Promoting Pawns Chess Foundation NPC
PROMOTING PAWNS CHESS FOUNDATION’s mission is the promotion of chess related activities as a means of intellectual development and social upliftment within the poor and needy communities of South Africa.
The organisation seeks to promote the playing of chess which has been scientifically shown to play a vital role in a child’s education helping learners to develop valuable reading and decision-making skills while also improving their ability to concentrate.
The organisation seeks to use chess to uplift learners and young unemployed persons with life and business skills to positively contribute in their communities and secure permanent employment or financial security.
Registration number: 2020/449444/08
Directors: Paul Wilson & Irma Wilson
Non-Profit Organisation number: In process of registration
Public Benefit Organisation: To be registered
Nedbank Current Account
Accountholder: Promoting Pawns Chess Foundation NPC
Branch code: 198765 (Claremont)
Account number: 1204066957
SWIFT code: NEDSZAJJ
Access To Online Chess
The Covid-19 lockdown has brought an end to over the board chess and although online chess has boomed in recent months, many children are without access to mobile devices or cannot afford mobile data to participate in competitive chess or receive online training.
How can you help?
– Sponsor a child mobile data (R15 per week).
– Sponsor tournament entry fees
Access to Chess equipment
Many children do not have access to basic chess equipment like chess sets, notation pads and clocks.
How can you help?
– Sponsor a chess set (comprising board, pieces & bag) at a cost of R150 per set
– Sponsor a school or club chess sets (10 chess sets) at a cost of R1,500
– Tournament Fund: To give opportunities to promising chess players to attend regional, provincial, national or international tournaments (entry fees, travel costs, accommodation costs, etc.)
– Educational bursary scheme: Establish a bursary scheme for promising chess players/coaches
– Chess training & workshops for players & coaches: Chess training programme hosted by top coaches and chess-based life skills programme for youth.
– Arbiter Training: Facilitation and funding of arbiter training including regions outside major metropolitan areas.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to get involved in any of the above future projects.