The Milos Ristic Open Tournament
Saturday 9 October 2021
Venue: Venue: Inscape Education Pretoria Campus, 193 Corobay Ave,
Waterkloof Glen, Pretoria, 0010
- The latest FIDE rules will apply.
- All Sections will be rated by CHESS SA
- Players to provide their own clock with sanitising wipes for in-between rounds. The player who plays Black to provide the Clock.
- NO telephone, WhatsApp, or SMS entries will be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the player to ensure that he/she is entered into the correct section. The Organiser reserves the right to move a player to the appropriate section in accordance with the latest national rating; the player will be held liable for any additional portion of the entry fee which might arise due to the move between sections.
- By entering the tournament, you unconditionally agree to all the rules and regulations in the Tshwane Chess Handbook which can be accessed HERE.
- The Organiser has the right to move unrated players between sections at his/her own discretion and to combine or split sections to maintain the integrity of the tournament.
- If a player entered the tournament but his/her name does not appear on the Players List by 10:00on 2021/10/08 please contact the arbiter on 2021Milos Ristic Open WhatsApp Group
- Only players with confirmed payments will be added to the draw as published on http://chess-results.com/
- No cell phones will be allowed in the playing area except for the TD, Chief Arbiter, Arbiters and PC personnel.
- A minimum of 15 entries per section for sections A to E is required for prize money to be paid out. Players must attend the prize giving to qualify for their prizes. Only one prize per winner. A minimum of 2 Female players needs to be entered per section to qualify for the Best Girl prize in that section. A minimum score of 2.5 points is required to qualify for the Best Girl Prize.
- Prize Fund will be announced after round 3.
- Medals will only be presented to qualifying section F players attending the prize-giving which would be ±20 minutes after the last round per section.
- Should there be a Best Junior Prize for a Player in the A section (Player u16 – Born 2006 or later) at least two players should be entered in the section and a minimum of 2 points should be scored for the prize to be awarded.
- Prizes must be claimed within 7 days from the date on which the tournament ended.
- No items may be sold, traded, or displayed without the prior written consent of the organiser.
- The Organiser of the tournament and other tournament officials are not responsible for the safety or property of players or spectators.
- The player/parent/guardian gives consent for the player’s name, surname, gender, race, date of birth to be submitted to the rating agencies for the purposes of rating the tournament and the rating agencies displaying it on their respective websites.
- The player/parent/guardian gives consent for photo’s to be taken of the players during the tournament and to be published on our Social Media pages. Should consent not to be given please notify us before the tournament so that we can notify our photographers.
- No withdrawals after round 4 will be accepted.
Covid – 19 Tournament Procedures
Tshwane Chess Tournament Guidelines are available: HERE
- The Wearing of Masks will be compulsory for all players. Face Shields may be worn together with a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Sanitising and Handwashing – All players will line up in front of the playing hall keeping at least a 1m distance between each player at all times and their hands will be sanitised before they are allowed to enter the venue.
- Boards and pieces will also be sanitised before and during the tournament.
- Temperature Measurement Station– All players must complete our Pre-Screening form at home at least 1 hour to 30 minutes before arriving at the venue for round 1. All players must take their temperature at home. Random temperature checks will be done at the venue as well. Players who do not have access to a thermometer at home can complete that section of the form at the venue.
- Each player must have his / her own small bottle of hand sanitiser with him/ her at all times.
- Stringent Social Distancing measures must be followed at all times. All players will be spaced 1 to 1.5 meters apart. Players must also follow social distancing rules when entering and leaving the playing venue as well as when outside on the campus grounds.
Parents / Guardians
- All Parents / Guardians will have to wear Masks.
- No Parent will be allowed inside the venue. (Parents may sit in the parking area, however, parents may not park inside the gated parking area. Parents may park outside the venue or visit the nearby shopping centers).
- No spectators will be allowed inside the playing venue. When your game is completed, you must leave the playing venue.
Before the Tournament: Parents / Guardians are requested to check the symptoms of the player/ players for any of the following:
- Fever (Elevated temperature above 37.5 ºC)
- Dry Cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore Throat
Should any of the above symptoms be apparent, parents/ guardians are requested to let us know immediately and to withdraw the player/players from the tournament for their own as well as the safety of the other participants.
Disclaimer: The building and grounds of the School/Venue will always be smoke and alcohol-free zone. Any individual smelling of alcohol will be removed from the premises.
How will the tournament work?
- Please join the 2021 Milos Ristic Open TournamentWhatsApp Group: 2021Milos Ristic Open WhatsApp Group
Once the Tournament started you will receive the link to your Section WhatsApp Group. Pairings will be published on Chess-Results.com