Check Us Out Chess Tournament
Date: 02 October 2021
Venue: Grenville High School (Rustenburg)
Online Entries: ENTER HERE
|Time Control||60/60 +2|
|Tie Break||Buchholz Cut 1; Buchholz; Sonneborn-Berger|
|Round 1 Start||08h30|
- All Sections will be rated by CHESS SA
- Latest FIDE Rules will apply.
- This is an Open tournament. Any Player may enter, subject to the following:
• Bojanala Players must be registered for 2021 and have paid all fees due. If they have not registered yet, they can do so by following this link BPU PLAYER REGISTRATION
• Players that have completed their online registration, but have not made payment yet, must do so before entering this tournament.
- Each player can enter online via the Online Entry Link
- An entry is only finalised once proof of payment has been received.
- Schools and Clubs may do bulk entries by requesting a bulk entry form from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bulk entries will still be subject to the official closing date of entries.
- Entries close at 18:00 on Thursday, 30 September 2021 (No late entries will be accepted)
- The top 3 players in each sections receive cash prizes.
- TOP 3 PLAYERS IN THE FIRST THREE SECTIONS WILL ALSO RECEIVE A FREE LESSON FROM IM Johannes Mabusela
- NB There will be a special prize for under 18 player.
Section U8 & U10
(born 2012 or later)
(born 2010 – 2011)
U14 & U16
(born 2006 – 2009)
(born in or before 2005)
Prizes No.1 R350
- It is the responsibility of the player to ensure that he/she is entered into the correct section.
- A player is allowed to play in an older age section.
- The Organiser reserves the right to move a player to the appropriate age group.
- Depending on the number of entries, the Chief Arbiter may split groups into rating sections, excluding the Under 10s.
- Where sections must be combined due to insufficient entries, the prize money will be the higher of the two sections.
- The draw will be published on http://www.chess-results.com/ by 20h00 on Friday, 1st of October 2021.Tournament Rules and Procedures
- We cannot accept any entries after closing date.
- Once your entry has been received and Bojanala registration confirmed, you will be added to a Whatsapp group for the tournament. More details to follow on this group.
- The tournament will be captured in Swiss Manager and pairings communicated to players.
- Players’ Chessa Hybrid ratings will be used for pairings.
- Pairings will be published on Chessresults.com
Covid-19 Considerations and Procedure
- Only players and Arbiters will be allowed in the playing area.
- Screening of all players, support staff, officials and attendees will be done upon entry at the venue and recorded in a register. Please arrive at least 1 hour before the start time of the tournament to allow enough time for this.
- All players will line up in front of the playing area, with a social distance of 1.5m, in the allocated blocks and their hands will be sanitised before they are allowed to enter the venue.
- All players, support staff and attendees will complete a self-screening questionnaire to ensure efficient contact tracing where necessary.
- Any person displaying symptoms associated with Covid-19 (fever (elevated temperature above 37.5), cough, and shortness of breath or breathing difficulties) or people who are considered in a high-risk group should not attend.
- Should any of the above symptoms be apparent, parents/guardians are requested to let us know immediately and to withdraw the player / players from the tournament for their own as well as the safety of the other participants.
- Players will not be allowed to leave the playing venue during the day as well as its associated demarcated breakaway area.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance of the venue, as well as at strategic areas inside the venue and toilets.
- It is compulsory for all players to wear a mask covering both their nose and mouths at all times.
- Face shields that cover the nose and mouth may be worn.
- All players must always adhere to strict social distancing.
- Players will sign their own score sheets and report the result to the arbiter. No signing of opponent sheets and no sharing pens will be allowed.
- No hands will be shaken at the commencement of the round, nor at the end of the match.
- Once the players are done with a match, and their results have been recorded, they become “spectators” and must leave the playing area immediately and reside in the breakaway demarcated area.
Wendy Rasesemola 0713320690
Carol Lefyedi 065 850 5960