South African Chess Hub will be hosting a qualification tournament on chess.com on Sunday, 17 September 2023 for the GM Judit Polgar #ChessConnectsUs Championship which forms part of the GM Judit Polgar’s Global Chess Festival!!
Date: Sunday, 17 September 2023
Online Platform: www.chess.com
|Open Section||Open to ALL players||18:00 – 20:00||Blitz 3+2||11 Round Swiss|
|Youth Section||Players born on or after 1/1/2005||16:00 – 18:00||Blitz 3+2||11 Round Swiss|
Note: Youth players may also participate in the Open Section, but must register separately to be accepted in the team.
Registration closes on Sunday, 17 September 2023 at 11:00. No late entries will be accepted.
- The top male & female in both qualifier tournaments will be nominated to participate in the global #ChessConnectsUs Finals taking place on 14 October 2023 at 17:00 (SA time) on chess.com
- The top male & female in both qualifier tournaments will receive a two-hour group online masterclass with GM Judit Polgar
- Certificates for the Top 3 male and female players in each qualification tournament and best u16, u14, u12, u10 boy and girl in youth section
- Special prizes sponsored by global organisers, including Chess.com memberships and Chessable PRO memberships (based on the number of participants, terms and conditions apply)
|Under 10||Born in 2014 & Later||Under 14||Born in 2010 & 2011|
|Under 12||Born in 2012 & 2013||Under 16||Born in 2008 & 2009|
- Tournament WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/GvPxN5bmUjYJnxYplt1ZCE
- Participants must join the respective chess.com teams before 13:00 on Sunday, 17 September 2023 to ensure you are paired in the first round – links will be shared on the booking confirmation email
- Participants can join the tournament from one hour before the start time – links will be shared on the booking confirmation email
- Chess.com tie-break system will apply. Pairings are done as per chess.com pairing system.
- Players must play at least 5 rated games on chess.com to be able to participate in the qualifiers
- This tournament is not Chess SA Rated
- Players MAY NOT RECEIVE ANY ASSISTANCE whatsoever including from computers/chess engines or from any other persons (i.e. parents, coaches, friends or siblings)
- All players must join the tournament at least 10 minutes before the start time to ensure that they are paired in the first round.
- Prizes are subject to the chess.com fair play review
- Official winners will be announced on completion of the chess.com fair play review which may take a few days
- Organiser reserves the right to amend or cancel the qualifier event.
- Winners will be announced and published on the SA Chess Hub website and social media channels and will be requested to provide a picture for marketing purposes.
- The top male & female in both SA Chess Hub Qualifier tournaments will be nominated to participate in the global #ChessConnectsUs Finals taking place on 14 October 2023 at 17:00 (SA time) on chess.com
- Nominated players will be subject to a thorough fair play screening prior to the event and only will be allowed to participate if cleared by the Fair play team
- Should a nominated player(s) not be available for the Finals or cannot comply with the requirements, the next placed player will replace the nominated player(s).
- There will be live monitoring of the participants via Zoom in the Finals. Details will be shared with the players ahead of time.
- Additional prizes of chess.com memberships and Chessable vouchers for top 3 players, best female, best under 1000/1300/1700/2000/2200 players.
This event forms part of the Judit Polgar’s Global Chess Festival 2023! Visit https://www.globalchessfestival.com/index.php/en/ for more information. Check the highlights from 2022:
Please log in to your SA Chess Hub profile or create a new profile for FREE to register.
Bookings are closed for this event.