Date(s) - 07/05/2022
09:30 - 17:30
Online League Tournament
This event is only for learners of Curro Schools
Date: Saturday, 7 May 2022
Times: 09:30 – 13:00 (primary schools) | 14:00 – 17:30 (high schools)
Online platform: Lichess.org
|SECTIONS||CRITERIA||ENTRY FEE||TIME CONTROL|
|Primary schools||Five/Six rounds Rapid Swiss
(open to all Curro primary school learners)
|Free||20 + 5 sipm|
|High schools||Six rounds Rapid Swiss
(open to all Curro high school learners)
|Free||20 + 5 sipm|
** LOC reserves the right to waive criteria in all sections
** Tiebreak: Lichess (Sonneborn-Berger)
REGISTRATION (If you are new to the Curro Chess tournaments and have never played before)
PLEASE NOTE: Learners do not need to register on Chess Hub again if they have participated in the previous tournament held on 5 February 2022.
Before you start the entry procedure you need to sign up with Lichess.org if you do not already have a Lichess account. There are no costs involved in obtaining a Lichess account. See detailed instructions below.
Closing date for entries –3 May 2022 at 17:00
STEP 1 (All participants):
Learners need to make sure that they are registered on the www.lichess.org website and that they have a username. Many of our learners have already done this last year, so they should already be registered. If they haven’t done so yet, they still can.
STEP 2 (If you are new to the Curro Chess tournaments and have never played before or if your Lichess username has changed):
Ensure that you are logged into your SA Chess Hub account. If you do not have an account, register for FREE.
Carefully read the event details and register below. You just need to register once to make a booking for a whole family.
STEP 3:Joining the team (new participants and if you have changed your Lichess username)
You will receive a booking confirmation email from Chess Hub a short while after completing registration. This email will take you to the Lichess platform to ensure that you join the team, and you can then sign up for your age group’s tournament.
STEP 4: Joining the Tournament for your age group (All participants)
Once accepted in the team, the player must click on the tournament link in the booking confirmation or return to the Lichess team and click on the appropriate tournament/section.
STEP 5:Whatsapp groups have been created for communication (parents, staff or learners)
On the booking confirmation email from Chess Hub you will be provided with links to WhatsApp groups for the Primary School and High School to join as soon as possible.
You are done! You will receive an email a day before the tournament to remind you to sign up for the tournament but this can be done beforehand.
- Players may not play in a higher age group.
- All players must be logged into Lichess60 minutes before the first round starts.
- Pairings are done as pertheLichess.orgpairing system.
- Players must not log out of the tournament and must be committed to play all rounds.
- Tie Break –Lichess Sonneborn-Berger
- Players may not receive ANY assistance whatsoever, including from computers/chess engines or from any other persons (i.e. parents, coaches, friends or siblings).
- Pairings are done as per the Lichess.org pairing system and all regulations in respect to using computer assistance will be strictly monitored.
- Cheating will be monitored by Lichess.org. Any breaches of Lichess’ terms and services within 48 hours after the event will result in automatic disqualification and investigation.
- Please inform the chief arbiter should you suspect your opponent of breaching the fair-play spirit. Please do not message the player or comment in the tournament chat.
- Random games will be monitored by the arbiter and their findings regarding cheating are binding.
- Please ensure that you have a good Wi-Fi/Internet connection on the day of the tournament to ensure that your tournament experience is a pleasant one.
- Any person found guilty of cheating will forfeit their place in the rankings and will be banned from participating in future events.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this event should they consider this necessary.
- Please use Google Chrome seeing that the Lichess.org platform is more effective while using this browser.
- Players are not allowed to pause in-between rounds.
- Players should not have multiple tabs open on the computer while playing the tournament.
LOC contact details:
Project Lead: Mercia Addinall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Technical support & Registrations: Paul Wilson (WhatsApp: 083 461 8742 or email@example.com)
Chief Arbiter: Ricardo Minnaar
Bookings142 booked of 700 - 558 available spaces
Bookings are closed for this event.