Cape Winelands Open 2022
TOTAL PRIZE FUND:R8 500
Date: 12-13 February 2022
Venue: Somerset High School, Worcester
Venue Map: https://tinyurl.com/mtv93ja3
FORMAT AND TIME CONTROL
|Section||Rating /Criteria||Format||Time Control|
|Championship||Players with FIDE/ CHESSA rating: 1600+||6 Round Swiss||60+10 spm|
|Advanced||Players with FIDE/ CHESSA rating: 1300 – 1599||6 Round Swiss||60+10 spm|
|Intermediate||Players with CHESSA rating below 1300||6 Round Swiss||60+10 spm|
|Braille||Open to all Visually Impaired players||6 Round Swiss||60+10 spm|
|Junior||U14: Players born during 2009 and 2010
U12: Players born during 2011 and 2012
U10: Players born 2013 or later
|6 Round Swiss||60+10 spm|
Players with a rating within 50 points of a higher section may “play-up” into that section.
Junior players may “play-up” into any of the other sections if they meet the minimum rating requirements.
For the Championship and Advanced sections, the highest rating between CHESSA rating and FIDE rating will be used to determine the section in which the player will compete.
|Championship Section||Advanced Section||Intermediate Section||Junior Section||Braille Section|
|All Sections (Except Juniors}||Junior Section|
|Saturday, 12 Feb 2022
Sunday, 13 Feb 2022
All rounds will be accelerated
All rounds will be accelerated
Default time: ZERO minutes for 1st round; thereafter 10 minutes for the remaining rounds.
|Intermediate & Braille Section||Junior
|1st||R2000||R1000||No cash prizes
|No cash prizes
|Best Female||R 500||R 300|
|Best Junior||R 500||R 300|
- Medals will be awarded to Top 3 as well as Best Female and Best Junior for each section.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
- Registration to be made using the South African Chess Hub website and payment to be made via PayFast.
- The closing date for registrations and payment is Wed, 9 Feb 2022 at 21h00. Late entries will be subject to an additional late entry fee of R50 and will be allowed up to 24 hours before the scheduled start time for the first round of the relevant section.
- A maximum number of 200 players will be allowed to participate in this event.
LOC CONTACT DETAILS
|Tournament Director||Chief Arbiter||Covid Compliance Officer|
Cell: 083 376 9894
Cell: 081 546 2221
|Willem van Tonder
Cell: 082 850 9784
|SA Chess Hub||Coaches Training||Braille Coordinator|
Cell: 083 461 8742
Click Here for Full Tournament Regulations
- The Championship and Advanced sections will be FIDE rated. All other sections will be CHESSA rated.
- The following tiebreak systems, in the order given below, will be used to rank the players (who finish the tournament on the same scores) to determine the final standings.
- Direct encounter
- Greater number of victories
- Players withdrawing from the event will forfeit their entry fees.
- If a player withdraws during the event, rating penalties will be applied as per Chess SA Rating Regulations if no valid and acceptable reason(s) are provided by the player.
- All players (or parents of junior players) MUST join tournament WhatsApp group to receive communication regarding the event. Refer to booking confirmation email.
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- A total of 200 players will be allowed to participate in the event.
- All officials, players, parents, and other persons attending the event must complete the online Covid-19 screening form every day before their arrival at the playing venue.
- Only players will be allowed to enter the playing area. No spectators or parents will be allowed into the playing area.
- Screening of all players, support staff, officials and attendees will be done upon entry at the venue and recorded in a register.
- All players, support staff and attendees will complete a self-screening questionnaire to ensure efficient contact tracing where necessary.
- Any person displaying symptoms associated with Covid-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties) or people who are considered in a high-risk group should not attend.
- Players will not be allowed to leave the playing venue during the day as well as its associated demarcated breakaway area.
- Food deliveries will not be allowed; players will not be able to leave the playing venue to buy food or drink.
- Sanitisation of chess pieces, sets and surfaces will be done in between rounds, but players may bring their own hand sanitizers as well.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance of the venue, as well as at strategic areas inside the venue and toilets. Toilets will have sufficient soap and paper towels as well as marked Covid-19 disposal facilities.
- All players must wear masks always covering both their noses and mouths.
- All players must adhere to strict social distancing at all times.
- Players, support staff and officials over the age of 60 or people with comorbidities will be encouraged to be cautious and minimise exposure.
- Players will sign their own scoresheets and report the result to the arbiter. No signing of opponent sheets and no sharing of pens.
- No hands will be shaken at the commencement of the round, nor at the end of the match.
- Once the players are done with a match, and their results have been recorded, they become “Spectators” and must leave the playing area immediately and reside in the breakaway demarcated area.
- No informal games on private chess sets are allowed outside the playing venue in the demarcated breakaway area.
- Any player that does not comply with Covid-19 Health and Safety protocols may be expelled from the event.
Bookings are closed for this event.