Date(s) - 31/10/2020 - 01/11/2020
15:00 - 18:00
R5 000 GUARANTEED PRIZE FUND
||Boards per Team
||7 Round Rapid Swiss
(Western Cape Clubs only)
|| (1-10 boards)
** LOC reserves the right to waive criteria in all the sections
** Tie Break: Sonneborn-Berger.
|Round 1: 15h00
Round 2: 16h00
Round 3: 17h00
Round 4: 18h00
|Round 5: 15h00
Round 6: 16h00
Round 7: 17h00
- Scoring: The cumulative score of each player (board) in the team will constitute the team score. Teams that end up on same score will share the prize fund for that position.
- All players and clubs that participate in this event are bound by the CWP Player Code of Conduct.
- Clubs may enter as many teams that they want into this event, however a player may only play for one team.
- Only individuals that are registered as CWP members may participate and represent the respective club teams.** (The criteria for individual CWP membership are as follows: (i) Any person who is ordinarily resident in the Cape Town Metropolitan area and is a currently a member of a CWP affiliated club, or (ii) Any person who was previously a resident in the Cape Town Metropolitan area but are no longer ordinarily resident in the Cape Town Metropolitan area and is currently a member of a CWP affiliated club and represented a CWP affiliated club in the 2018 or 2019 CWP League.)
- Teams that include players that are not members of CWP will be disqualified and forfeit any prize monies.
- A player can only be registered for one specific board. Each club must register its teams by latest Tue, 27 October 2020 through the online registration portal.
- An exception has been made to allow clubs from other regions in the Western Cape to also participate in this CWP event. Players from Western Cape based clubs must be ordinarily resident in the Western Cape or have been ordinarily resident in the Western Cape in 2019 (up to one year ago) and must be a current member of a Western Cape based chess club. All other tournament rules and regulations apply equally to teams from other regions in the Western Cape.
|REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
- Closing date: Registration and payment closes on Tuesday 27 Oct 2020 at 21h00.
|PROCEDURE TO JOIN TOURNAMENT
|Please JOIN your Section by LATEST 27 October 2020 as to avoid not being paired
- Players must register as per their assigned board (eg. Board 1)
- Upon registration the club administrator will receive an automated confirmation email from SA Chess Hub that will contain the LINKS to the various BOARD SECTIONS.
- Click on that link to start the JOINING process.
- Submit username and a prompt “JOIN THE TEAM’’ will appear. Click on it.
- There will be an easy puzzle (mate in 1 move) that needs to be completed.
- Thereafter the player will be accepted into the section by the ‘’Team Leader’’
- Player must then click on the Section again and press JOIN, to join the tournament.
- The LOC is not liable for a player joining his/her section late resulting in missing a round/s
|Team Prizes (R4000):
- 1st Place – R1200
- 2nd Place – R1000
- 3rd Place – R800
- 4th Place – R600
- 5th Place – R400
Board Prizes (R1000): R100 each (boards 1-10)
Prize monies will be paid out within 48 hours after conclusion of the event into the bank account of the respective clubs. Outstanding CWP affiliation fees of clubs will be deducted from the prize monies due to the club.
- Pairings are done as per Lichess pairing system and all regulations in respect to using computer assistance will be strictly monitored.
- Random games will be scrutinized by PGNSpy and its findings regarding cheating is binding on this event.
- Any person found guilty of cheating will forfeit any prize money won and will be banned from participating in future events.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this event should they consider this necessary.
|LOC CONTACT DETAILS
|Registrations: Paul Wilson
Mobile: 083 461 8742
Chief Organizer: Ricardo Minnaar
Mobile: 081 546 2221
6 booked of 100 - 94 available spaces
Go to our Terms Page for more information on our terms of service
Bookings are closed for this event.