Date(s) - 12/03/2022
08:00 - 18:00
Trinityhouse Little Falls
Venue: Trinityhouse Little Falls
1 Falls Street, Little Falls (High School Hall)
Date : 12 March 2022
Format: Sections: A, B, C
5 Rounds Swiss 60 / 60
Entry fee: R150 for all sections (Non-refundable)
Latest FIDE rules shall apply. FIDE Laws of Chess – January 2018
Guideline III.4 will be applied
Appeals must be lodged in writing within 10 minutes of the completion of the Game. R200 per appeal. If successful, fee will be refunded.
The Tournament Director’s decision is final.
Rate of Play determines start of each Round.
This will be communicated by the Tournament Director.
Notation – Compulsory for all Sections.
BRING OWN CLOCKS AND PENS!
- No cell phones will be allowed in the playing area except for the TD, Chief Arbiter, Arbiters and Technical personnel.
- The Organiser of the tournament and other tournament officials are not responsible for the safety or property of players or spectators.
- The player/parent/guardian gives consent for the player’s name, surname, gender, race, date of birth to be submitted to the rating agencies for the purposes of rating the tournament and the rating agencies displaying it on their respective websites.
- The player/parent/guardian gives consent for photo’s to be taken of the players during the tournament and to be published on our Social Media pages. Should consent not be given please notify us before the tournament so that we can notify our photographers.
- The tournament organisers reserve the right to cancel the tournament. Players will have their entry fee refunded.
Covid – 19 Tournament Procedures
- The Wearing of Masks will be compulsory for all players. Face Shields may be worn together with a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Sanitising and Hand washing – All players will line up in front of the playing hall keeping at least a 1m distance between each player at all times and their hands will be sanitised before they are allowed to enter the venue.
- Boards and pieces will also be sanitised before and during the tournament.
- Temperature Measurement Station – All players will report to a Temperature measurement station after their hands have been sanitised – Please arrive at least 60 minutes before the start time of the tournament to allow enough time for this. Should a player have an elevated temperature he / she will not be allowed to play.
- Each player must have his / her own small bottle of hand sanitiser with him/ her at all times.
- Stringent Social Distancing measures must be followed at all times. All players will be spaced 1 to 1.5 meters apart. Players must also follow social distancing rules when entering and leaving the playing venue as well as when outside on the campus grounds.
Parents / Guardians
- All Parents / Guardians will have to wear Masks.
- No Parent will be allowed inside the playing hall. (Update will be sent regarding venue rules outside of playing area)
- No spectators will be allowed inside the playing hall. When your game is completed, you must leave the playing hall. Parents may sit outside.
Before the Tournament: Parents / Guardians are requested to check the symptoms of the player/ players for any of the following:
- Fever (Elevated temperature above 37.5 ºC)
- Dry Cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore Throat
Should any of the above symptoms be apparent, parents/ guardians are requested to let us know immediately and to withdraw the player / players from the tournament for their own as well as the safety of the other participants.
Notice: The building and grounds of the School/Venue will always be a smoke and alcohol-free zone. Any individual smelling of alcohol will be removed from the premises.
Bookings19 booked of 30 - 11 available spaces
Bookings are closed for this event.