|Tournament name||LAERSKOOL WELGEMOED 12th ANNUAL CHESS CHALLENGE 2022|
|Tournament date||Sat, 19th Feb 2022|
|Entry Fee||R80 CASH ONLY , payable between 07:00 and 08:15 on 19 February 2022|
|Registration Closing||17th February @ 21:00
No late registrations will be accepted on 18th and 19th February
|Tournament Organiser|| Welgemoed Primary
· Janine Potgieter
|Chief Arbiter||FA Ricardo Minnaar|
SECTIONS, FORMAT AND PLAYING SCHEDULE
|Sections||Under 14: Born in 2010, 2009
Under 12: Born in 2012, 2011
Under 10: Born in 2014,2013
Under 8: Born in 2015 and later.
|Players are allowed to play up in older age groups.|
|Type||Over the board|
|Venue||LAERSKOOL WELGEMOED HALL|
|Format||5 Round SWISS|
|Time Control||Rapid: 30/30|
|Cash Prize||1st, 2nd, 3rd places in each age group||Best beginner (one prize only)|
|Medals||Best youngest girl on the day (1 x gold)
|Bronze medals to all participants completing in ALL 5 rounds|
|Payments: 07:00 – 08:15
Players seated: 08:45
Round 1 09:00 – 10:00
Round 2 10:15 – 11:15
Round 3 11:30 – 12:30
Round 4 13:00 – 14:00
Round 5 14:15 – 15:15
Rounds may be accelerated.
Due to Covid 19 protocols only the first 150 registered entrants will be accepted. The tournament could also be cancelled on the last minute if the Lockdown level is increased.
TUCK SHOP WILL BE AVAILABLE – MARIAM’S CATERERS
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
|1. A total of 150 players will be allowed to participate in the event. (Under current Level 1 regulations}
2. No spectators or parents will be allowed inside the playing hall.
3. Screening of all players, support staff, officials and attendees will be done upon entry at the venue and recorded in a register.
4. All players, support staff and attendees will complete a self-screening questionnaire to ensure efficient contact tracing where necessary.
5. Any person displaying symptoms associated with Covid-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties) or people who are considered in a high-risk group should not attend.
6. Players & spectators will not be allowed to leave the venue during the day as well as its associated demarcated breakaway area.
7. No food deliveries will be allowed, and players will not be able to leave the playing area to buy food or drink. There will be a Tuckshop on the premises to purchase food & beverages.
8. Sanitisation of chess pieces, sets and surfaces will be done in between rounds, but players may bring their own hand sanitizers as well.
9. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance of the venue, as well as at strategic areas inside the venue and toilets. Toilets will have sufficient soap and paper towels as well as marked Covid-19 disposal facilities.
10. All players must wear masks always covering both their nose and mouth.
11. All players must adhere to strict social distancing at all times.
12. Players, support staff and officials over the age of 60 or people with comorbidities will be encouraged to be cautious and minimise exposure.
13. No hands will be shaken at the commencement of the round, nor at the end of the match.
14. Once the players are done with a match, and their results have been recorded, they become “Spectators” and must leave the playing area immediately and reside in the breakaway demarcated area.
15. No informal games on private chess sets are allowed outside the playing venue in the demarcated breakaway area.