Please carefully read the following event details and register below.
N.B. Please note that payment must be made using Payfast (credit/debit card or instant EFT) immediately when registering to avoid having to register again.
Paul Roos Covid-19 Challenge
In association with
African Chess Lounge
Dates: Saturday, 27 February 2021 – Sunday, 28 February 2021
Venue: Markotter Sports Complex (c/o Koch & Suidwal Rd, Stellenbosch)
|SECTION||ENTRY CRITERIA||FORMAT & TIME CONTROL||ENTRY FEE|
|A – Section:||For players rated 1500 Plus
(Highest of FIDE / Chessa rating)
|5 Round Swiss
60/60+ 5 sec increments
|B – Section:||For players rated 0 – 1499||5 Round Swiss
60/60+ 5 sec increments
- Online Registration closes at Midnight on Thursday, 25 February 2021
- Due to COVID-19 challenges there wont be any registration at the venue. registrations will be closed on Thursday 25th of February 2021.
- There is a limit to capacity of players the venue can handle. the event will only be able to cater for 64 people.
Saturday, 27 February 2021:
- Round 1: 09:00
- Round 2: 11:30
- Round 3: 15:00
Sunday, 28 February 2021:
- Round 4: 09:00
- Round 5: 11:30
- R 1,250
- R 1,000
- R 750
- R 800
- R 600
- R 400
- Direct encounter
- Median Bucholz
All players should take note of the following to comply with covid-19 regulations under lockdown level 3:
- Due to venue restrictions, only 24 players will be allowed in the Elite section and 40 in the A-section.
- Only players will be allowed to enter the venue. no spectators or parents will be allowed at the venue.
- Screening of all players, support staff, officials and attendees will be done upon entry at venue and recorded in a register.
- All players, support staff and attendees will complete a self-screening questionnaire to ensure efficient contact tracing where necessary. Should the temperature taken on arrival be 38°C and above, then the person will be taken to an isolation room/space identified to hold any symptomatic person found at the venue while awaiting the arrival of a dedicated DOH official to transport to a medical facility as per the operational plan.
- any person displaying symptoms associated with Covid-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties) or people who are considered in a high-risk group should not attend.
- Players will not be allowed to leave the playing area during the day. Players should therefore bring their own food and drink. Hot water will be provided.
- No food deliveries will be allowed and players will not be able to leave the playing area to buy food or drink.
- Sanitisation of chess pieces, sets and surfaces will be done in between rounds, but players must bring their own sanitation as well.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to the venue, as well as at strategic areas inside the venue and toilets. Toilets will have sufficient soap and roller towels as well as proper and well-marked Covid-19 disposal facilities.
- All players must wear masks covering both their noses and mouths at all times.
- All players must adhere to strict social distancing at all times.
- Players, support staff and officials over the age of 60, or people with comorbidities will be encouraged to be cautious and minimise exposure.
- Players will sign own scoresheets and arbiter must co-sign scoresheets in front of players.
- No signing of opponent sheets and no sharing of pens.
- No hands will be shaken at the commencement of the round, nor at the end of the match.
- Once the players are done with a match, and their scores have been reported, they become “Spectators” and must leave the room immediately.
- Draws will be available on “Chess-results.com”, and will not be set available at the doors or on walls, such as in the past.
Dr Antoinette van der Merwe is the tournament’s Covid Compliance Officer.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
|Chrystal Samuel||Reuben Salimu||Antoinette van der Merwe|
|Cell: 082 903 1465||Cell: 078 572 7546||Cell: 083 380 1844|
Bookings are closed for this event.