WESTERN CAPE INTER REGION CUP 2021
Date: 4 – 6 March 2022
Venue: Saldanha Bay Multipurpose Centre
Venue Map: https://goo.gl/maps/xw8TuEQ4AmuenDXx5
NOTE: Teams may only be registered by the respective regions – no independent/private/club teams may enter
FORMAT AND TIME CONTROL
|Section||Rating /Criteria||Format||Time Control|
|Senior||4 Player Team + 1 Reserve FIDE/ CHESSA Rated||6 Round Swiss||60+30 sipm|
|Ladies||4 Player Team + 1 Reserve FIDE/ CHESSA Rated||6 Round Swiss||60+30 sipm|
|Junior||4 Player Team + 1 Reserve FIDE/ CHESSA Rated||6 Round Swiss||60+30 sipm|
Each Region will be allowed to register 1 team per section in this event.
|Senior Section||Ladies Section||Junior Sections|
|All Sections (Except Juniors}||All Sections (Except Juniors}|
|Friday, 4 Mar 2022
Saturday, 5 Mar 2022
|Sunday, 6 Mar 2022
Award Ceremony 15h30
All rounds will be accelerated
Default time: 15 minutes for 1st round; thereafter 15 minutes for the remaining rounds.
LOC CONTACT DETAILS
|Tournament Director||Chief Arbiter||Covid Compliance Officer|
|Ricardo Minnaar||Rosemarie Fillis|
|Position||Senior Section||Ladies Section||Junior Section|
- A trophy will be awarded to the winner of each section.
- Medals will be awarded to all players of each section.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
- Registration to be made using the South African Chess Hub website and payment to be made via EFT (details will be provided after registration).
- The closing date for registrations and payment is 28 February 2022 at 21h00. Late entries will be subject to an additional late entry fee of R100 per team.
- Each Region will be allowed to register 1 team per section in this event.
Click Here for Full Tournament Regulations
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- A total of 130 players will be allowed to participate in the event.
- All officials, players, parents, and other persons attending the event must complete the online Covid-19 screening form every day before their arrival at the playing venue.
- Only players will be allowed to enter the playing area. No spectators or parents will be allowed into the playing area.
- Screening of all players, support staff, officials and attendees will be done upon entry at the venue and recorded in a register.
- All players, support staff and attendees will complete a self-screening questionnaire to ensure efficient contact tracing where necessary.
- Any person displaying symptoms associated with Covid-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties) or people who are considered in a high-risk group should not attend.
- Players will not be allowed to leave the playing venue during the day as well as its associated demarcated breakaway area.
- Food deliveries will be allowed; however players will not be able to leave the playing venue to buy food or drink.
- Sanitisation of chess pieces, sets and surfaces will be done in between rounds, but players may bring their own hand sanitizers as well.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance of the venue, as well as at strategic areas inside the venue and toilets. Toilets will have sufficient soap and paper towels as well as marked Covid-19 disposal facilities.
- All players must wear masks always covering both their noses and mouths.
- All players must adhere to strict social distancing at all times.
- Players, support staff and officials over the age of 60 or people with comorbidities will be encouraged to be cautious and minimise exposure.
- Players will sign their own scoresheets and report the result to the arbiter. No signing of opponent sheets and no sharing of pens.
- No hands will be shaken at the commencement of the round, nor at the end of the match.
- Once the players are done with a match, and their results have been recorded, they become “Spectators” and must leave the playing area immediately and reside in the breakaway demarcated area.
- No informal games on private chess sets are allowed outside the playing venue in the demarcated breakaway area.
- Any player that does not comply with Covid-19 Health and Safety protocols may be expelled from the event.
This event is fully booked.