Date(s) - 08/05/2021 - 09/05/2021
09:00 - 18:00
Please carefully read the following event details and register below. Please ensure you are logged into your profile before proceeding to register.
N.B. Please note that payment must be made using Payfast (credit/debit card or instant EFT) immediately when registering to avoid having to register again.
Western Province Open
TOTAL PRIZE FUND: R13,000
Date: 08 – 09 May 2021
Venue: MERIDIAN HALL, PINEHURST
Time: 09h00 – 18h00
FORMAT AND TIME CONTROL
|Section||Rating Criteria||Format||Time Control|
|Championship||CHESSA rating above 1700||6 Round Rapid Swiss||60+10 spm|
|Prestige||CHESSA rating below 1700||6 Round Rapid Swiss||60+10 spm|
|Championship Section||Prestige Section|
|Saturday, 08 May 2021||Sunday, 09 May 2021|
|Round 1: 09h00
Round 2: 12h00
Round 3: 15h00
|Round 4: 09h00
Round 5: 12h00
Round 6: 15h00
All rounds may be accelerated
LOC CONTACT DETAILS
|Tournament Director||Chief Arbiter||Covid Compliance Officer|
|Burton van Staaden
Cell: 073 212 4875
Cell: 081 546 2221
Cell: 083 559 0406
|Position||Championship Section||Prestige Section|
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
1. Registration to be made using the South African Chess Hub website and payment to be made via PayFast
2. The closing date for registrations and payment is Sunday, 2 May 2021
3. A maximum number of 90 players will be allowed to participate in this event.
4. Junior players that turn 13 years of age during 2021 or older may participate in the event. No exceptions will be considered for younger players.
5. CWP Players that has not submitted the 2021 Individual membership registration and paid their 2021 CWP individual membership fees can do this through the SA Chess Hub:
CWP member registration link: https://chesshub.org.za/events/cwp-2021-membership-fees
1. ALL players must register via SA Chess Hub (see instructions attached).
2. The event will be rated by Chess South Africa.
3. Players with Chess SA rating below 1700 may be allowed to “play-up” in the Championship Section at the discretion of the LOC.
4. Tie Break: 1. Direct encounter 2. Greater number of victories 3. Bucholz 4. Sonneborn-Berger
5. Prize winners must be present at award ceremony to receive their prizes. Prize monies will be paid out within 48 hours after conclusion of the event. Prize winners will only qualify for one prize (highest amount).
6. Any player that does not comply with Covid-19 Health and Safety protocols may be expelled from the event.
7. The LOC reserves the right to waive criteria in all the sections or to cancel the event.
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
|1. A total of 90 players will be allowed to participate in the event.
2. Only players will be allowed to enter the venue.
3. No spectators or parents will be allowed at the venue.
4. Screening of all players, support staff, officials and attendees will be done upon entry at the venue and recorded in a register.
5. All players, support staff and attendees will complete a self-screening questionnaire to ensure efficient contact tracing where necessary.
6. Any person displaying symptoms associated with Covid-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties) or people who are considered in a high-risk group should not attend.
7. Players will not be allowed to leave the playing area during the day as well as its associated demarcated breakaway area. Players should therefore bring their own food and drink.
8. No food deliveries will be allowed, and players will not be able to leave the playing area to buy food or drink.
9. Sanitisation of chess pieces, sets and surfaces will be done in between rounds, but players may bring their own hand sanitizers as well.
10. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance of the venue, as well as at strategic areas inside the venue and toilets. Toilets will have sufficient soap and paper towels as well as marked Covid-19 disposal facilities.
11. All players must wear masks always covering both their noses and mouths.
12. All players must adhere to strict social distancing at all times.
13. Players, support staff and officials over the age of 60 or people with comorbidities will be encouraged to be cautious and minimise exposure.
14. Players will sign their own scoresheets and report the result to the arbiter. No signing of opponent sheets and no sharing of pens.
15. No hands will be shaken at the commencement of the round, nor at the end of the match.
16. Once the players are done with a match, and their results have been recorded, they become “Spectators” and must leave the playing area immediately and reside in the breakaway demarcated area.
17. No informal games on private chess sets are allowed outside the playing venue in the demarcated breakaway area.
Bookings79 booked of 90 - 11 available spaces
Bookings are closed for this event.