Date(s) - 27/02/2021
09:30 - 17:30
Online League Tournament
This event is only for learners of Curro Schools
Date: Saturday, 27 February 2021
Times: 09:30 – 13:00 (primary schools) | 14:00 – 17:30 (high schools)
Online platform: Lichess.org
|SECTIONS||CRITERIA||ENTRY FEE||TIME CONTROL|
|Primary schools||Five rounds Rapid Swiss
(open to all Curro primary school learners)
|High schools||Five rounds Rapid Swiss
(open to all Curro high school learners)
** LOC reserves the right to waive criteria in all sections
** Tiebreak: Sonneborn-Berger
Ensure that you are logged into your SA Chess Hub account. Carefully read the event details and register below. You just need to register once to make a booking for a whole family.
You will now receive an email to notify you that you have made a booking. Please follow the steps on the email to
go to www.lichess.org.
Make sure that you have joined the teams for primary school and high school.
Sign up for the tournament according to your age group.
You are done! You will receive an email a day before the tournament to remind you to sign up for the tournament
but this can be done beforehand.
All entries close on 23 February 2021 at 17:00.
• Pairings are done as per Lichess.org pairing system and all regulations in respect to using computer assistance
will be strictly monitored.
• Please ensure that you have a good Wi-Fi or Internet connection on the day of the tournament to ensure that
your tournament experience is a pleasant one.
• ‘Kid mode’ on Lichess is compulsory for all players under the age of 16 years old.
• Any person found guilty of cheating will forfeit their place in the rankings and will be banned from participating in future events.
• The organisers reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this event should they consider this necessary.
• A 24-hour pre-event anti-cheating inspection will be conducted before the tournament starts.
LOC contact details:
Project Lead: Mercia Addinall (email@example.com)
Technical support: Kenneth Willenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) (WhatsApp: 064 362 1817)
Registrations: Paul Wilson (WhatsApp: 083 461 8742)
Bookings492 booked of 1400 - 908 available spaces
Bookings are closed for this event.