Date(s) - 09/10/2021 - 10/10/2021
09:00 - 18:00
CWP Youth District Battles
RESERVED FOR CHESS WESTERN PROVINCE YOUTH PLAYERS
Northern Knights vs Eastern Emperors vs Southern Sentinels vs Western Warriors
Chess Western Province is proud to launch our Youth District Online Battles where we will be selecting district teams in under 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 (possibly girls only teams) to participate in an inter-district online tournament. The top performing players will be selected to represent Chess Western Province in a planned inter-region event.
ACTIVATION ARENA BATTLES
We are planning the following activation events:
|19 Sep 2021 (Sunday)||17:00 – 18:30||Team Arena – All||5 + 5 sipm|
|26 Sep 2021 (Sunday)||17:00 – 18:30||Team Arena – All||5 + 5 sipm|
|03 Oct 2021 (Sunday)||17:00 – 18:30||Team Arena – Primary Schools||5 + 5 sipm|
|03 Oct 2021 (Sunday)||18:30 – 20:00||Team Arena – High Schools||5 + 5 sipm|
Additional district practice events may be arranged.
DISTRICT TRIALS & BATTLES
|9 & 10 Oct 2021 (Sat & Sun)||09:00 – 18:00||District Qualifier (Open)– 5 Round Swiss||10 + 5 sipm|
|23 & 24 Oct 2021 (Sat & Sun)||09:00 – 18:00||District Trials (Closed)– 10 Round Swiss||10 + 5 sipm|
|6 & 7 Nov 2021 (Sat & Sun)||09:00 – 18:00||Inter-district – 10 Round Swiss||10 + 5 sipm|
(*) Dates subject to change and will be confirmed as soon as possible.
The District Trials (Closed) and Inter-district will, at minimum, require Zoom monitoring or be hosted at playing hubs under the supervision of arbiters. Full details to be released in due course.
DISTRCT TRIALS PLAYING SCHEDULES
Proposed playing schedule (5 rounds per day):
|Under 8||Born 2014 and later||09:00 – 11:30|
|Under 10||Born 2012 & 2013||09:00 – 11:30|
|Under 12||Born 2010 & 2011||12:00 – 15:00|
|Under 14||Born 2008 & 2009||12:00 – 15:00|
|Under 16||Born 2006 & 2007||15:30 – 18:30|
|Under 18||Born 2004 & 2005||15:30 – 18:30|
Players must register for the District team based on the school that they attend or where their primary residence is. The following are links to the respective District Maps:
- Northern Knights – https://tinyurl.com/MetroNorthED
- Eastern Emperors – https://tinyurl.com/MetroEastED
- Southern Sentinels – https://tinyurl.com/MetroSouthED
- Western Warriors – https://tinyurl.com/MetroCentralED
Download the District Demarcations based on the WCED education districts: https://tinyurl.com/CWPDistricts
Activation Arena Battles and District Qualifier (Open) on 9 & 10 October 2021.
- These events are FREE entry
- Registration to be made using the South African Chess Hub website.
- Upon registration you will receive an automated confirmation email from SA Chess Hub that will contain the LINK to the Lichess Team as well as the tournament links.
- Click on that link to start the JOINING process (see detailed instructions below).
- Closing date: District qualifier: Thursday 07 October 2021 at 8pm.
District Trials (Closed)
- Players qualifying for the District Trials (Closed) on 23 & 24 October 2021 will need to register and pay entry fee (to cover district t-shirt). Details to be provided in due course.
CWP 2021 Membership fees
- Payment of Chess Western Province 2021 Membership fees will be required to participate in the District Trials (Closed). See https://chesshub.org.za/events/cwp-2021-membership-fees/ for more info.
Request for entry fee or membership fee reduction can be emailed to email@example.com along with motivation.
- Players MAY NOT RECEIVE ANY ASSISTANCE whatsoever including from computers/chess engines or from any other persons (i.e. parents, coaches, friends or siblings).
- The District Trials (Closed) and Inter-district will, at minimum, require Zoom monitoring or be hosted at playing hubs under the supervision of arbiters. Full details to be released in due course.
- Cheating will be monitored by Lichess.org. Any breaches of the Lichess Terms and Services within 48 hours after the event will result automatic disqualification and all results of the player will be recorded as a loss. Once investigated, further sanctions may be imposed including compulsory monitoring or suspension from CWP events for a period of 3 months to 12 months.
- Please inform the Chief Arbiter should you suspect your opponent of breaching the fair play spirit. DO NOT message the player or comment in the tournament chat. You reserve the right to report the player to Lichess.
- Random games will be scrutinized by the arbiters and their findings regarding cheating is binding on this event.
- Any person found guilty of cheating will be banned from participating in future CWP events.
- The Swiss tournaments will be CHESS SA Rated (online).
- The organiser reserves the right to add an additional round if there are more than 40 entries in a section.
- Players may not play in higher age division.
- Pairings are done as per Lichess pairing system. Tie Break: Lichess (Sonneborn-Berger)
- Players must not log out of the tournament and must be committed to play all rounds. Excluding round 1, players may be penalised 20 rating points per game forfeited if they, without good reason, abandon the tournament without the prior consent of the organizer or arbiter.
- Late joining points awarded by Lichess will deducted from player score for the purposes of qualification.
- CWP will assist with R20 airtime to purchase mobile data. Players requiring assistance with mobile data must email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before the start of the tournament.
- Players unable to attend the district trials must email email@example.com by no later than Thursday 07 October 2021 at 8pm along with motivation. We will try accommodate these players in the District Trials (Closed) but cannot guarantee inclusion.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this event should they consider this necessary.
Please note that Chess SA ratings have been split between over-the-board, online and hybrid (which is combination of the two). Online ratings will NOT impact a players over-the-board rating.
Chess SA Ratings Database: https://chessa.co.za/ratingsdatabase/ratingsdatabase.aspx
LOC CONTACT DETAILS
Chief Organizer: Paul Wilson – 083 461 8742
Chief Arbiter: Ricardo Minnaar – 081 546 2221
Bookings180 booked of 600 - 420 available spaces
Bookings are closed for this event.