- The tournament will be a 5 round Swiss tournament on the Lichess platform.
- Time control is 60/60
- U8 must be born after 1 January 2013.
- Players must use the same Lichess Username that they have used in the previous trial tournaments and ensure that they spell it correctly when entering.
- 1st round Starts at 8.00 am sharp
- All players must be logged into Lichess no later than 7.30am
- Players must not log out of the tournament and must be committed to play all 5 rounds.
- Players must not get aid of any sort – we expect fair play from all players and to use their own ability. Cheating is monitored by Lichess.org The Fide sanctions for cheating or breaching the “Fair Play Policy” are:
- Revocation of titles and sport results.
These sanctions could be enforced by Chess SA and we will report any suspicious behaviour. PLAY FAIR.
- Pairings are done as per Lichess pairing system and all regulations in respect to using computer assistance will be strictly monitored.
- Any person found guilty of cheating will be banned from participating in future events.
- The organizers reserve the right of admission to this event.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this event should they consider this necessary
- Tournament will not be rated.
- Entry closing date: 23 October 2020 @ 18:00. No late entries will be accepted.
- Entry fee is R60 per player. Payment is made through the SA Chess Hub booking platform via Payfast. Do not make payment to JHB Metro Chess account.
- No Refunds if players do not join from the start or are disconnected during the tournament. This includes an inability to play due to load shedding.
- Matches will be played using lichess.org and the pairings for the tournament will be automated by Lichess.
- Before you start the entry procedures, you need to sign up with Lichess.org if you do not already have a Lichess account. There is no cost involved in obtaining a Lichess account.
Cut off for registration is 6 pm on Friday night (23 October). No late entries will be accepted.
After you have entered, please join Tournament WhatsApp Group to receive information and updates
Bookings are closed for this event.