To celebrate the launch of the South African Chess Hub Holiday Programme we will be hosting a chess festival.
|Rapid||10 min + 5 seconds (5 rounds)||Under 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 & Open||15:00 – 17:45|
|Blitz||3 min + 2 seconds (7 rounds)||Open||18:00 – 19:30|
|Bullet||1 min +1 second (11 Rounds)||Open||20:00 – 21:00|
* These events are not Chess SA rated
** Lichess Tiebreaks will be used (players on equal tiebreak share prize)
ENTRY FEES for all 3 events (pay once and play in all 3 events):
- R40 per junior player under 16 years old
- R50 per senior player over 16 years old
Open to all South African players, players resident in South Africa, African players actively participating in local chess and any other International players at discretion of the organiser.
Registrations extended to Wednesday, 16 December 2020 at least one hour before the start time.
No Refunds if players do not join from the start or are disconnected during the tournament. This includes an inability to play due to load shedding.
Clubs/Regions can email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for player discounts.
- Junior Rapid: Medals for top 3 in each age category and Top girl in each category
- Open Rapid – R 600 (1st R300, 2nd R200, 3rd R100)
- Open Blitz – R 600 (1st R300, 2nd R200, 3rd R100)
- Open Bullet – R 600 (1st R300, 2nd R200, 3rd R100)
Additional prizes and lucky draws will be added dependent on number of participants.
* Medals and prizes need to be couriered from Cape Town and will be despatched as soon as practically possible after the event. Cash prizes will be paid within 48 hours after the event (subject to fair play review, if applicable).
A minimum of 80 participants required to guarantee prize funds above. A minimum of 6 players for each of the Rapid events.
- Under 8 – players born in 2013 and later
- Under 10 – players born in 2012 and 2011
- Under 12 – players born in 2010 and 2009
- Under 14 – players born in 2008 and 2007
- Under 16 – players born in 2006 and 2005
- Open – all ages welcome
Players who enter wrong age group will automatically forfeit all prizes.
Links for Lichess Teams and tournament passwords will be emailed once booking payment is confirmed.
Please join the relevant Lichess team(s) before 10am on 16 December 2020 to ensure you are accepted before the first round.
- Pairings are done as per Lichess pairing system and all regulations in respect to using computer assistance will be strictly monitored.
- Please inform the Tournament Organiser should you suspect your opponent of breaching the fair play spirit.
- Any person whose Lichess account is banned or flagged within 24 hours after the event will forfeit any prize money won and the organiser reserves the right to report players to their regions or Chess SA.
- The organizers reserve the right of admission to this event.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this event should they consider this necessary.
SOUTH AFRICAN CHESS HUB HOLIDAY PROGRAMME
When: 17 – 23 December 2020
Programme Details: Go to https://chesshub.org.za/events/south-african-chess-hub-holiday-programme-2020/
Cost: R250 per child (R100 per additional family member)
Follow South African Chess Hub on Facebook for latest chess news and events: https://www.facebook.com/SAChessHub
Organiser: Paul Wilson
Mobile: 083 461 8742
Online Arbiter: TBA
Bookings are closed for this event.